I like Hatem Al Iraqi a lot and appreciate his music. The man is a seasoned hit-maker and survivor with a big range of styles and modes. But let’s take a look at his latest music video where he really looks very refined. But I take a number of issues with the story…there is so much wrong with this music video….
- Women are not supposed to speak on the phone
- Women are not supposed to work or be away from home
- Women should not have some time for themselves
- Men do not have to step up and help with their kids
- If a man feed his own child, he is a hero….if he cares for his sick child he is a hero.
- Mommy cannot miss these events, but if daddy does, it’s OK and it’s understandable.
- The man is allowed to disrespect their spouses privacy.
- The final scene the man seems to enjoy that his own son rejected mommy–the same one who carried him for 9 months and gone through the pain and nurturing.
I know this is supposed to be about family, but it’s so one-sided and clearly comes from the brain of a man child . Hatem is a cool Iraqi legend in pop and the entire block of Khaleeji worships him to a certain degree. He delivered a good song with a big heart, but the music video ruins it for me.
Hatem Al Iraqi … Aafne – Video Clip | حاتم العراقي … عافني – فيديو كليب